I don't think there is anything more amazing for a mother than to see her handsome husband take their beautiful baby boy, use his priesthood power, and give him a name and a blessing. I was overwhelmed with love and gratitude as I witnessed the tender moment between the two guys in my life. Sawyer was such a good baby the entire day (in his little blessing outfit with a little blue bow tie) and even though Jed was nervous it was hardly noticeable.
Sawyer was blessed with some very special promises and counsel. He was blessed to be able to grow big and strong and to have a strong heart. He was blessed with the ability to make good decisions. He was counseled to respect and obey his mother and to surround himself with good people and good friends. He was blessed with the desire to seek education, to gain a testimony and that he would love the gospel. He was counseled to be a gentleman to all the ladies in his life. During the blessing Jed said that Sawyer brings love and joy to our home, which is so true.
I am so grateful to Garn, Jeff, Brian, my dad, my grandpa and Bishop Pehrson for being in the circle.
We had a dinner afterwards where we took some pictures and had a little birthday party for Sawyer's cousin Lia.
What a great day it was. I feel so blessed to be a part of the gospel and to be able to have spiritual experiences that strengthen my testimony of families, prayer, fasting, and priesthood power.
All the Grandmas
All the BOY cousins
All the cousins
All the aunts (plus me)
Pre-party picture
Post party picture with me gearing up for clean-up. Notice all the blue and green party products that my fabulous/creative aunt Sandi borrowed to me so we could have a cute party !
My mom deserves a special thanks for helping me get everything ready (she sure knows how to mess up a clean kitchen). Thanks for always making everything turn out ok mom!
6 comments:
What a special day. I bet you were one proud wife and mama. Sawyer is such a doll so handsome. Congratulations!
That is so awesome! Your little family is so cute! I want you to know what a good example you were/are to me, Rebecca--even if you didnt know it. Jeff and I are still waiting for his sealing clearence, but we are so excited to hopefully soon make our family an eternal one! You are awesome :)
I wish I could have been there! Your house looked cute and your little boy looked cute! Everything looked perfect! Sorry you had to clean it up though. That's always the worst part.
What a special day! We were so happy to be a part of it! Sawyer is such a cutie, and he is so loved by all us....so much! Love you guys!
Aw he is super cute. Blessings are such a special experience for all!
..well not all the aunts were there. I am so attached to my sisters I don't know how you and Hayley manage so far apart from each other. Your house looks so cute. I love your wall color! I am such a bad cousin, already past blessing day and I haven't seen your baby (or your house)...
What a special story about your 'men!'
That is a special feeling, I remember loving that when Jorge blessed Audrey and wishing he was able to bless Gracie too.
Post a Comment