Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our Family Vacation

We took Sawyer on his very first family vacation!
Here are a few pictures of our adventures in California.

The Zoo:











I loved the zoo. I didn't think I would because I don't really care for animals, but we had a really good time. Sawyer loved pointing at the elephants and the polar bears. The gorilla's put on a pretty awesome show (unintended). They had the whole crowd laughing and gagging at meal time as an old gorilla flung poo and then ate cabbage with the same hand. In the children's petting zoo we let Sawyer play with the goats, at first he was a little timid but he warmed up quickly and smiled behind his Binky while we were petting those stinky animals. He got a little sleepy and missed a few exhibits, but I think, all in all, he had a good time at the zoo.


SEA WORLD:








We had fun at Sea World. We went to all the shows and walked through every exhibit. We also enjoyed our $18 kids meal hot dog. Sawyer really enjoyed the Shamu show, as you can tell in the photos above he is playing with the chain link fence instead of paying attention. A group of Asian people were taking picture after picture of Sawyer. Apparently he is a very cute American child. He of course loved every minute of it, he was waving, blowing kisses, and smiling his biggest smile. In hindsight, we should of charged each of them a few dollars so we could of afforded an adult meal instead of the kids meal.
Sawyer almost jumped in while they were feeding the dolphins, and he loved petting the stingray and the starfish.

THE BEACH:







Sawyer loved the beach. He ate so much sand. He had sand in every crevasse of his body (seen above on his naked shot), it was hilarious. He still has sand in his ears (four days later) that I can't get out.
Sawyer made a friends at the beach. He kept blowing her kisses and coughing to get her attention. She loved every second of it and the two of them played for over an hour together. She was from Idaho and was in San Diego for a conference. He flirted with her and ate her bag of chips (she was so kind to share).





Sawyer loved the hotel pool. He splashed and splashed and laughed at Jed when he would swim underneath and then come up and say hello to Sawyer who would splash him and then point for him to do it again.

We ate at some yummy places too (no photos of me devouring food, sorry people!) We had watched an episode of Man vs Food that took place in San Diego and Adam recommended Phil's BBQ. It was so good. All three of us made mmmm'ing noises while we ate our tri-tip sandwiches. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and loved every bite. We had to order our cheesecake to go because we were so full. We also ate at Oggi's. They had delicious pizza. I think I gained 200 lbs in one week, it was a good thing the hotel had a gym.

I was nervous taking a nine month old who hates his car seat on a road trip, but Sawyer was the greatest baby! He loved traveling and was so happy the whole time. We had a great vacation and can't wait for our next adventure as a family.

6 comments:

Christy said...

How fun! Your pictures are so cute.. especially the ones with Sawyer poking up through a hole, and the one where he looks like he's diving like a whale. What a fun vacation - and fun family!!

Heidi said...

Fun fun! I love watching babies at the beach. I can't believe how big he is getting!

Michelle said...

That sounds like you guys had such a great time on your family vacation! I love all the pictures! You can tell that Sawyer loved it too! What a cute little guy! Next family vacation - Washington DC :) I miss you!

Yadira said...

I haven't seen you in forever. That was a very fun vacation, that's awesome that Sawyer was so good for you guys. It really looked like you guys enjoyed yourselves. Great Pictures, thanks for sharing them.

april said...

Super fun! I love that little Sawyer is already a star with his own little paparazzi ;) He is just too cute. Glad you guys had fun!

Jenny said...

Cute family vacation! We have been thinking of going there but worry if Ella would like it. Some how I forgot the Zoo. Looks like so much fun!!