


All summer long my mother has been trying to coax me into learning the art of canning. When she made jam she called me and said she had extra supplies and I could come learn. I did not attend the jam making session. Then she called again when she made pie filling and spaghetti sauce. I started feeling a little more guilty each time I turned her down. So when she called last week to say her homemade salsa was done and that she had lots of veggies left over I finally agreed to learn how to can. (Jeddy really likes my moms salsa so that incentive helped) So, today, I Rebecca Pollock canned for the very first time! I have to admit it was fun canning with my mom :) so maybe if she has enough grapes left over in a few weeks I will make grape juice.
3 comments:
Way to go rebecca!! I haven't been brave enough to do this, hopefully I will start soon. I really want to can but maybe its laziness.
I have to admit, that was really good salsa your mom made! I wish I was closer to help you partake of your domestic labors! Way to go on your first canning! Looks yummy!
Look at you you domestic goddess! That salsa really does look yummy. Also- happy birthday coming up!!
Post a Comment