I loved Alness because on preparation days we could go see cool sites like the Loch Ness Monster...

I loved Beith, just because it was fun to say "Beith, its what's for dinner!"
And I loved Livingston because I served there for 9 months (half my mission) and I grew to love the members there.

I have thousands of mission stories, just like every other missionary. I have thousands of pictures. I shed thousands of tears. I was so homesick. I was rained on everyday until my underwear was soaking wet. (Scotland has a natural watering/sprinkling system). I loved my mission president and his wife. I loved the office couple. I loved the accent and I loved that they made fun of me because I couldn't mimic it.
I loved the culture and the castles. I loved the battered snickers at the chippie shops. I loved the chocolate.
Most of all I am grateful for the strength that my testimony gained while I studied daily. I loved to teach the message of the restored gospel. I left Scotland with a greater love for our Heavenly Father and for the plan of salvation and for the Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for my opportunity to serve a mission.
2 comments:
I would love to go to scotland some day. It all looks so green and beautiful. I would love to hear more mission stories from you.
Has it really been 8 years. Holy cow. One day when I'm rich, lets visit Scotland together! Wouldn't that be FUN?
Post a Comment