Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Poor Jed



All Jed wanted for Christmas this year was a new TV! I figured with the February switch coming a new TV was not a bad idea. Jed did a little research and finally decided on the television he wanted, a 42" Visio. He was so excited when we went to pick it up. He begged and begged to open it up that very night. I told him it would ruin his Christmas and he needed to wait. It sat under our tree for three weeks, and every day Jed asked if he could open his present early. I held strong, because I knew it was the only present he was getting from me. On Christmas Eve he tried asking nicely if he could open it just one day early. My answer was "No, you can wait until morning!"

Christmas morning could not arrive fast enough for Jed. He ran downstairs and excitedly went straight to the big box with a huge bow on it (I was not wrapping a box that size). It took both of us to slide the TV out of the box and set it down. Jed immediately got a sad look on his face and said "OH NO!" The TV had a huge crack across the screen. It looked like a windshield that had been hit by a rock. He was so disappointed. He wore a frowny face all day. I felt so bad, if only I would have let him open it early!

Well, it has since been replaced (Thanks Stevie) and Jed is a happy boy again.

Other than that we had a wonderful Christmas, and hope you did too.

2 comments:

Yadira said...

that a great gift for a football fan.

Stephen said...

That's one of those fears I almost always have when I buy stuff, especially electronics.

I'm glad you were able to replace it.