Wrapping paper or gift bags?
For Christmas it has to be wrapping paper and pretty bows!

Real tree or artificial?
We have an artificial tree. My Grandma and Grandpa gave it to us (got to love hand-me-downs). It's great! Gramps put it on wheels, so it is very easy to decorate and if I decide I don't like where I set up camp, well I just push it to somewhere else. Although, I do love the smell of a live tree !
When do you take the tree down?
I do not have a set date to take the tree down. Sometimes I like it up longer and sometimes I am ready to put it all away. I remember one year my mom put Christmas away early, got sad, and put it all back up!
Do you like eggnog?
Yes, but not as much as my husband does. He has been buying eggnog since early October.
Favorite gift received as a child?
Santa was always so good to me, I don't know if I can narrow it down to just one gift. Barbies, a trampoline, bikes, the list of amazing Christmas suprises was endless and still is. I must be a really good girl!
Hardest person to buy for?
Easy! Rachael
Easiest person to buy for?
Another easy one! Hayley! I can just buy and buy and buy stuff for her. She love everything/anything beautiful and she has such a distinct style and taste it makes shopping for her simple.
Do you have a nativity scene?
A nativity scene...NO...several nativity scenes...YES! My mom gave me the most beautiful Nativity scene last year (my first married Christmas) and I cried as I set it up. I didn't think I would get emotional this year, but I did. Nothing encourages that Christmas feeling more than displaying angles, shepherds, and wise men all turned toward the Christ child laying in a manger.
Best Christmas gift you ever received?
That is a tough one because my mom always thinks of the best presents every year. But I really loved Christmas on my mission. My mom -sent in a box, over seas- Christmas. She sent all of our family traditions, the pajama's, the decorations (yes, she sent ornaments that belong on her tree),the little elf men that Hayley and I grew up playing with, the food, the music, and anything else she could think of in hopes that I would have a Merry Christmas even though I was miles and miles away from everything I was use to. It was very sweet!
Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't know that I have a worst gift ever, but I have received the funniest gift ever. One year Hayley made all of us Christmas presents out of clay. She made me two. A lion and a bowl of spaghetti. Oh how I wish I still had them! I would display them proudly. It is a long standing joke each Christmas as we remember Hayley's homemade presents.
Favorite Christmas movie?
I love them all...Elf, Smokey Mountain Christmas, Charlie Browns Christmas, Jed's family favorite National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and I love, love, love, watching home video's of past Christmases when we were little. Hayley and I have memorized them and quote them all the time.
When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Well, that is negotiable, let's just say I am going to go into STRESS MODE as soon as I realize I have not started yet this year.
Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Of Course, I was a missionary remember? We recycled every gift! It was the only way we could really give to others on our limited budget.
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I am going to skip Christmas eve dinner because that comes later. So I would have to say Marsha Hamblins Carmel's. MMMMmmmmm. My mom sent those in the mission package as well. They are delicious!
Do you have lights on the tree?
Yes, what a silly question. Does one put up a Christmas tree without lights?
Favorite Christmas song?
I love O Holy Night! I always have because I love the phrase "fall on your knees!" I also loved an old song about a Christmas bell that my mom use to play on a real live record that she played on a real live record player. I know! I know! I don't even know how to operate one of those machines! I also love The Carpenter's 'Merry Christmas Darling' It reminds me of my mom!
Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Seeing as we live less than a mile from my parents and 20 minutes from Jed's parents, there is no need to travel far for Christmas. But we are still working out a few "Family Traditions" in the Pollock household.
Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
I sure can...only problem is I can't spell all of their names!
Angel on the tree top or a star?
Ha Ha! I have a beautiful star on the top of my 'tree Ala wheels'. It's a bit top heavy so sometimes the star does not exactly sit on the top of the tree (meaning it bends the top of the tree over to the middle of the tree, non-the-less I love it) and this year I have improved the placement of the star so the bending is less noticeable.
Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
There was an option to open presents on Christmas Eve? I think not, have you met my mother! We couldn't even open presents until breakfast was done and the dishes washed on Christmas morning! Although, Santa did come every Christmas Eve to deliver our pj's and we did get to open that gift!
Most annoying thing about this time of year?
I love Christmas so I hate to mention annoying things, but I can think of one and it is this; Non-Christmas shopping! You know, when you are out shopping for normal things not related to Christmas and you can't find a parking spot, because even the hermits come out of the basement to shop one time a year, longer lines, crowded stores, and all I am there for is toilet paper, or perhaps nylons or something totally UnChristmas related! They should have a check-out lane for Non-Christmas shopping!
Favorite thing for Christmas dinner?
This is a good one. We have the most unusual Christmas Eve dinner tradition. We eat in a barn (yes a barn) and we eat crab legs, clam chowder, and rice pudding. I soooo look forward to it every year! Jed is still deciding what he thinks of this fun family tradition, but I think he digs the crab legs!
Do you send Christmas cards?
WWWWEEEELLLLLL....I should, and I try, and I ....Um...Didn't get them out last year or this year, so if you are expecting a holiday greeting card from the Pollock's don't wait by the mailbox! Maybe you should consider this "Merry Christmas" your very own personal Christmas wish! P.S. Thank you if you sent us one!
What do you want for Christmas this year?
World peace or something like that. I am not really feeling the present thing this year, I don't know why? I don't really want to give or get much, Although I usually really like to get! But this year I just want to enjoy Christmas without all the bows and packages. I love just being with family, I love the lights at Christmas and the music and I just feel like I am so blessed and have everything I need.
Anyway! Jed and I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season! I love this time of year and for the magical feeling that comes with celebrating something so sacred. I love having an extra reason to remember the baby born in Bethlehem!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
4 comments:
This time of year is such a special time to spend with family. I also feel the same way about getting gifts or not. I think the mood is not so much in the material aspect of christmas because of how our economy has been that people are geering their christmases more towards christ and his birth and to be with family. Just like Pres. uchtdorf said in his talk on sundays devotional.
You guys are just so cute:)
That was like a good movie. I laughed, I cried... really. We Johnson girls love Christmas, with the exception of when Rachael is feeling particularly grinchy.
Hey, how come you didn't save that beautiful clay bowl of spaghetti? I am so offended. Guess I'll just have to make you a new one.
What? I am the easiest person in the world to buy for, if you don't buy clothing. I like to buy that stuff myself. Buy me notebooks. I would be happy. Pencils are good too. Oh, and lip gloss (any flavor). AND these things are cheap!
Just because Chritmas is not my favorite holiday does not make me a bad person. My favorite holiday is Easter. I'm not completely heartless.
Post a Comment