Saturday, January 31, 2009

I have had a few inquires due to our lack of blogging lately (ie my sister, my mother-in-law, and some friends, just to name a few.) So, humbly we join the blogging world again. Jed has blamed our lack of entries on his "BYU depression". He has just let us start mentioning by name his favorite team again, and wants to make it very clear that he will never NEVER join the Utah Ute bandwagon. But he does keep chanting sarcastically as I type "What about those Jazz, poor Jazz...Sloan you're out of here...Life off Game on!" Because Jed blogged almost as much as I did, and he has had sports related issues to his hibernation, our blog has felt abandoned. My lame excuse is that nobody wants to read about my boring life. (Wake up, shower, eat a bowl of cereal, work a 10 hour shift, come home watch a rerun of Friends, eat a bowl of cereal, and go to bed.)

On a note of interest Jed has joined the world of "Church Ball" again. GASP! I know, I myself have worried about this phenomenon. For those of you who don't know, Jed has been banned from Church Ball in the Bountiful Stake. The Syracuse Stake does not yet know this and Jed is TRYING to keep it that way. He has been on his best behavior, and has enjoyed playing with his ward team. I have only gone to one game, which is enough for me. A bunch of middle aged men in all sizes (ha ha ha just the thought of those men large and small made me giggle once again) in gym clothes that don't match dating way back from high school, sweating and quadruple teaming each other is not my favorite sport to watch!

Another reason our blog has been left quietly sitting in cyberspace is FACEBOOK. Are you on Facebook? It is amazing! People I have not talked to in years (or have never talked to) are my friends. Jed joined shortly after. It's time consuming. He does have one small annoyance with this new hobby. Anytime he comments on a status he is shot down in seconds with other degrading a rebuking comments. Jed one day yelled..."RELAX DUDE IT'S FACEBOOK!" I asked him who he was talking too since I was not in the room. It was nobody, just himself upset at a comment made after his.

So with this said we warmly welcome ourselves back, and hopefully can have a renewed energy to keep this blog in tip top shape. Jed just called me a liar!

6 comments:

Yadira said...

I missed reading your blog, so it was nice to see that you wrote something new. Great to know that you guys are okay.

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

Welcome back! Glad to read an update and find all is well (except for the BYU depression, sorry Jed). Good luck w/ church ball, facebook, work, and more importantly the blogging!!! he he

Jenna said...

I like to read about your boring life! (very soon, not to be boring...hehehe)

Mariann said...

We missed you, welcome back. I love to hear that I am not the only one who still avidly watches Friends reruns.

Hayley and Josh said...

Glad I could guilt you back into it. Not that I have room to talk. Look how long it took me to comment. He he.

Scott said...

That BYU depression is awful. I don't know why I get up in the morning. Or the afternoon, depending on when I get up.