Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Daddy I have a JOKE for your career

I love the SMART car! Every time I see one I giggle. If children were not in our future and my plans included commuting to Salt Lake everyday for the rest of my life I could honestly see myself investing in one of these little beauties. (Did you know the cup holders are in the glove box?)

I love the original Mini Coopers as well. One of my MTC teachers had a Mini and he let us all take turns sitting in the drivers seat (he didn't let us drive it though because in England they drive on the wrong side of the road on the wrong side car. Although they prefer to call it the left not the wrong.)

The Mini also remind me of Mr. Bean. (The episode of him driving his car with broom handles while sitting on the roof is hilarious!)

In Scotland I was also introduced to the Robin Reliant.

A car with THREE wheels. What a concept!
There is a joke the Scottish like to tell about the Robin Reliant.

Three hedgehogs are standing on the roadside (we'll call them Alastair, Hamish and Ian to keep the joke less confusing). Alastair says "I'm to scared to cross the road cos I'll get splattered." Hamish says "Nooooo, all you have to do is walk into the road, wait for a car and when one comes just make sure you are in the center of the headlights and the car will pass over you without a scratch."
"I'm not convinced" said Alastair! So Ian says "I'll show you how" He runs into the road, a car comes and he positions himself in the middle of the headlights. The car passes over him without a scratch. "OK" says Alastair "I'll take your word for it and try it." He walks out into the middle of the road, a car comes, he positions himself in the middle of the headlights and SPLAT! Hamish looks at Ian and says "I haven't seen a Robin Reliant in years!"

4 comments:

Hayley and Josh said...

I love Mini's too!!! Too bad they are so expensive, or that could be your new car. You would look pretty darn cute driving that around!

BTW, your mexican fart story had me laughing out loud! I always love your farting stories. Heh heh. I must be your sister!

Kati said...

I would love to drive a mini...the only problem is that my hubby wouldn't fit into the car with me. I'm short, he's tall. Oh well.

The dating story is hilarious. Isn't it funny though, now that we are married and have the men of our dreams the farts they do aren't as bad as when we were dating others. Poor Carl. If that makes sense.

peggyp said...

As always, you mkae me laugh Rebecca.

Rachael said...

Minis are cute. Even the three wheeled one!