Monday, May 25, 2009

If you don't like bathroom humor, don't read!

Last week I found myself working with a bunch of guys! What do you do you do to entertain a group of boys? That's right you talk about FARTING!

This story was brought to my remembrance as I was working with Matt, Ryan and Gavin!
During my dating days (Pre-JED life) I was set up with a guy, (we'll call him Carl, because that is his name). Carl was a nice young man, he got my doors, took me miniature golfing and was a gentleman at the doorstep scene. I wasn't that interested, don't get me wrong he was a nice guy, but it wasn't love at first sight. Carl called again a little while later, and I said yes to another date, because I heard second impressions can sometimes be different than the first impression and I was giving Carl the benefit of the doubt. He picked me up and we went to dinner. He took me to a Mexican restaurant. Not American Mexican like Cafe Rio (Mmmm Cafe Rio, that sounds yummy) no this was like real Mexican: beans, rice, hot sauce. -insert here: Mexican is not a good idea for a date by the way! He decided after dinner that we would rent a movie and go back to his parents house to watch it. The details of Blockbuster and the movie we rented are fuzzy, so we'll just skip to the crime scene. Carl got my door and I hopped up into the pick-up truck, he then proceeded to examine his tires, like perhaps one was flat or something. I sat in the hot truck wondering if everything was OK, but Carl then came around to his door and jumped up into the truck, the only problem was he did NNNNOOOOOOOTTTT exam his tire long enough. Oh the rank smell of a Mexican fart followed him into the truck so fast that it took everything I had not to make gagging dry heave sounds as he started the vehicle. Of course he pretended he couldn't smell anything, so I had to as well, but I did smell it and it was foul! It smelled like death itself! We went to Carl's house and he put the movie in, he tried snuggling...but I didn't want any part of that. He took me home and said he had a nice time. I smiled. He called a few weeks later, but I always seemed to be busy after that and so needless to say it didn't work out with Stinky Carl and myself.
The boys at work were laughing pretty hard, and making comments about how "No matter what, you pinch the cheeks the entire date long!
Later Ryan left and came back a few minutes later and said "Sorry I had to go check the tires!" Laughter erupted. Checking the tires is apparently the phrase to use now.
Oh, the dating years...so glad those are over with :)

On to another subject

Jed is so funny, he is always making me laugh. On Saturday I cleaned the house and he did the yard work! The neighbors were out working on their yard as well, they were pulling weeds and getting their garden all ready to be planted. (which is huge compared to my 1 X 1 garden... pictures of that to come later.) Jed came in for a drink, and we were admiring his work out the window. He then said "I didn't know snow sleds were made to put weeds in!" The neighbors had LOADED the kids' sled with every weed from the garden. We laughed at that! Very creative, I thought even though the wheel barrel was empty just sitting next to the sled.
Later, as we were driving down the street Jed started laughing and said "Nobody told that lady how to bend at the knees!" I looked over at a lady in her garden, backside straight up in the air as she was working. I sometimes forget to bend at the knees myself, Jed always reminds me I should.

3 comments:

Yadira said...

Those two stories are so funny. I was laughing my head off. And when I went out to the yard this afternoon I did remember to bend on the knees!!!hahaha

peggyp said...

Bathroom humor! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!Jed has been into bathroom humor his whole life! I will be checking to see if I can see any non-knee benders!!!

Scott said...

The best blog post. Ever.