Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



Not exactly the best pictures of us...but, I wanted to tell my mom
Happy Mother's Day!
My mom is great! She is super talented, and is a very hard worker. My mom can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! Plus she has always been there for me. She listens to me complain about work. She cooks us dinner on Sunday. She buys me stuff. She lets me "shop" at her house (its the best place to pick up odds and ends like laundry soap, cereal, and hamburger.) She laughs at me like I am funny (even if she is the only one :) ) She is a very good mom! Maybe one day I will grow up to be like her. It's so nice to have a mom that is also a friend! I LOVE YOU MOM!


I also want to thank my mother-in-law for raising such a sweet boy! I have always been pleased with the tender relationship my husband has with his mother. They are friends (they talk sports and politics together.) Peggy is a talented women. She is very busy with work and her calling and still makes sure she is always there for her family.

Today was kind of a bitter sweet day. I kept thinking about our own sweet baby that we lost a few months ago and had to remind myself that Heavenly Father has a plan for our family and my own chance for motherhood.



Happy Mother's day

7 comments:

Yadira said...

Look at that cute tiny baby. I 'am sure you will be a great mom just like yours and that sooner or later you will be holding a cute baby in your arms.

Rachael said...

I love you Becca Boodle Bug! We are very blessed to have a tiny angel waiting for us in Heaven, even though it is heart-breaking now...in time our arms won't be empty and our hearts will be whole. Love Mommy

Kati said...

I have to agree with you!! Your mom is amazing!! I love her too. I am so sorry to hear about your little angel. One day it will happen....even if you have to go on fertility. I did. If you ever need to talk I am available. Love you!!

Gina said...

I wondered if that was the sad event in your life that happened a few months back but didn't want to pry. Have faith. You are an amazing woman and you will be able to have another chance at motherhood. I just know it!

Hayley and Josh said...

That is sweet of you to post about mom on Mothers Day. So thoughtful... Why didn't I think of that? :)

I'm sorry that Mother's Day was kinda rough for you. I wish I could have been there. I want to give you.a.hug.

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

I agree with Hayley! I want to give you a hug! What a cute post. You have such a great mom and mother-in-law and I know that you will be such a great Mom too! My heart aches for your loss. What a cute little angel baby! I wish you the best and know that it's only a matter of time. Hope you are dusting off that turtle, just one more week. I can almost hear it now...
PS - how's the flute?

peggyp said...

If you really loved your mother-in law you would have found a better picture of her. What in the crap do I have on!!!!!!!!! Still love you though!