
Two weeks ago, early on a Saturday morning, Jed looked out the front window and discovered a reindeer on our front lawn. It was all aglow in Christmas lights and strategically placed right in the middle of our front yard. He wasn't very happy about this early morning finding. When he went out to shovel (in shorts) he unplugged the reindeer and moved it closer to the side of the house.
We learned that morning at our 'Ward Christmas Breakfast' that there is a traveling reindeer in the neighborhood and it is awarded to the GRINCH-iest house of the season. Image...ME...little miss "I love Christmas, and have been listening to Christmas music since before Halloween"... awarded the Grinchiest house award. I was devastated! Jed was Grinchy!
That evening Jed did not plug the reindeer back in to be lit in all its glory, but to his dismay, Sunday morning the reindeer had multiplied! That's right, TWO lovely lit reindeer in our front yard, both moving their movable heads in unison! I laughed! Jed grumbled! Then he said they were going in the trash or straight to the D.I.
Word must have traveled that 'Scrooge' was sending the reindeer "away" because that very evening they disappeared all on their own.
(Just as a side note...this made Jed even more upset. "Who leaves lawn ornaments, and then takes them back? Grumble, grumble, grumble)
Almost two weeks have past, we've laughed each time we've told our "reindeer story". Then, yesterday morning when I woke up, there shining in our front yard stood a reindeer with lights on! It has started again! ... so that night, I plugged it back in!
Next year I'm making Jed PUT UP CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! Maybe.
5 comments:
That's funny cause Amanda Anderson had the same thing where someone has left lawn decoration and now she has a ton of them. She thinks its someone giving it to them not the same situation with your experience. But that is funny I wonder who is doing all of that work.
Really cute story. We have no decorations out :( send the ungrinchafiers my way!
That is so funny! Maybe if the reindeer were blue, Jed would change his mind! ha ha
Maybe we should get you some outside decorations to spuce things up. They have really cool blue LED lights. :)
Awesome. I love this story. Free decorations.
BTW Abbi walked in ahd asked who was in the picture. I told her that it was my friend Rebecca and her husband Jed.
She said,"Her husband is cute!"
3 year olds....:)
Post a Comment