Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am a good CT Tech...I don't bite

I meet all types of people at work.

Nice people
mean people,
nervous people
stinky people...the list is endless.

The other day I was helping a "nice people" category person (we have the same birthday so he has to be pretty great right?) Anyway, because our hospital has a
new-ish brand

"CARE AS INDIVIDUAL AS EACH PATIENT"

we hand out a THANK YOU card at the end of each outpatient exam (if we remember). Amongst other things, it informs the patient that they may be called for a survey. It's purpouse is to ensure that our quality of care reached the patients expectations.

As I was explaining the contents of this Thank You card to my "nice people" patient he informed me he would give a positive report on the survey because I didn't bite him!

WHAT?

Where has this patient been receiving medical care in the past? Whose hospital policy is it to bite patients? It's probably one of those Mountain Star Hospitals, the one with the slogan "NOT BIGGER JUST BETTER!" (Can I just tell you- those commercials really bother me. Maybe its because I work for a hospital that Mountain Star is bashing.)

I would love to be a fly on the wall when the surveyor calls this patient to ask if he had a positive experience during his CT Scan...

"Yes Ma'me, the technologist didn't even bite me!

IN UNRELATED NEWS: I just want to mention how much I love being pregnant. I love this little boy who is growing inside of me. He was so crazy the other day. My belly was rolling around like MAD! He and Jed had a lot of fun for awhile. Baby would hide, Jed would stab my stomach until he would find him, Baby would roll around for awhile then hide again. This cycle continued until Baby got tired and hid for good.
We still don't know what to name him?
Maybe he will just be "Baby" or "Boy" for the rest of his life.

3 comments:

april said...

I am confident your little boy will have a name someday. Markham and I had a really hard time agreeing on a name for both our kiddos too. It was stressful! At one point I had all the names I liked and asked him to rank them, but the next day, I had changed my mind and we had to start all over. Good luck ;)

Erin said...

lol, cute post! I am glad to hear you are a non-biter!

So excited for baby boy!

Joy said...

I'm so with you about the Mountain Star stupid commercials! They drive me crazy. Ross, thinks it's hilarious because I'm always talking to the t.v. during those commercials about how wrong they are and how I would never be a patient at Lakeview.
Anway, I don't know if I told you but I'm so excited for you two. You will be a super awesome mom!