Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6 days late, but so worth the wait!

Our baby boy has finally arrived...with a little help from pitocin.

Sawyer James Pollock


Jed and I made our way to McKay-Dee Hospital on a rainy Thursday morning for my scheduled induction. Everything went very well. I was only dilated to a 3+ when they checked me so they began the pitocin. The anesthesiologist came to place my epidural after I had been feeling my contractions for over an hour (if Facebook had it, I would become a fan of the epidural). It didn't take me very long to dilate to a 5 and that is when Dr. Jiricko came and broke my water. She told us it would take about an hour per centimeter, but by the next time they checked me (about an hour) I was already an 8, a few minutes later they were hurrying about trying to reach Dr. Jiricko because I was fully dilated and ready to push.

Dr. Jiricko told me I could be pushing for hours because he was still kind of high, but about 25 minutes later they placed a beautiful baby boy on my chest. I hadn't even realized he had come out (have I mentioned I am a fan of the epidural?)


He is perfect. We love him. My mom tells everyone he is "short, dark, and handsome!"

He came out weighing 7lbs 11 oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long. Everyone was shocked that we had such a little guy. I'm just grateful he wasn't 10 lbs like his dad.

I decided early on I don't really like being the patient. We bailed out of the hospital early and came home Friday evening.

This was his going home outfit. It didn't fit very well, in fact the pants slipped right off when we picked him up. I can't believe how tiny he is.

It has been full of FIRSTS at our house.

First sponge bath, which he didn't really like, but he did like his hair being washed.


First Doctors appointment, which he passed for the most part. His bilirubin had stabilized, but his weight had dropped.

His dad helped him get ready for the car ride. Like father like son.

First night with NO (and I mean NO) sleep.
However I don't have a picture of this because neither he nor I were in the mood.

We love this boy! We just stare at him and try to decide what features come from Jed and which ones come from me. He is a lot like his dad, that is for sure.


We just can't get enough of his cute little...well everything!

16 comments:

randishea said...

Oh he is soo cute! What a little doll. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

What a handsome little guy!!!! He is just so adorable. Congratulations! I am so thrilled he is here and healthy. Cute name too. I'm glad that things went well for you. (Epidurals are wonderful!) Hope you are getting a little more sleep now. Keep the pictures of that cutie coming!

Christy said...

He's adorable!!! What a cutie bug! I'm glad to hear the delivery went smoothly for you! Hope you start getting some zzzz s soon, but they grow so quickly so enjoy the crazy nights as weird as that sounds!! congrats guys!!

James +Tami + Max said...

He is a cutie! I love his dark hair.
Sounds like you were ment to have babies (besides the induction). The Epidural is AMAZING!
I am so excited for you. Love him to peices.

april said...

Oh my heck!! He is so stinkin' cute!! Way to go on only pushing for 25 minutes! What a champ! I love his name!!

Heidi said...

Congratulations!! He is so adorable! I'm so excited for you guys!

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

Congrats! He is adorable! There are many more "firsts" to come!

Erin said...

cute
cute
cute!
I almost cannot stand the cuteness!
are you ready for visitors!

Hayley and Josh said...

Oh man. He really is so so so so so cute. I wish more than anything I could cuddle with him and kiss his face all over. I MISS YOU ALL!!!!

Jenna said...

Yay for epidurals, boo for no sleep nights! Love this little guy so much all ready!

Ludlows said...

Congratulations! He is very handsome! Such asn exciting time. Good luck!

Jenny said...

He is absolutely adorable!! They are well worth the wait. Hope your recovering well and enjoying all of it. Even the sleepless nights they don't stay little forever. Congrats!!

Joy said...

Congratulations Rebecca! I can't wait to meet him in person. He's soooooo cute! Nice work! Just remember, the thing that kept me sane was getting outside for a short walk every day. I think thats why Kate loves being outside so much now.
You guys already seem like adorable parents.

Gina said...

He is absolutely adorable!! I can't believe I go for a week without checking any blogs and I miss out on monumental news such as a baby! Well anyway, better late than never. I know you are going to be a fantastic mother!!

Marci said...

I'm so happy for you! What a handsome one. By the way, Dr. Jiricko was my doctor for my second. Congrats on being a mommy.

The Larsen 6 said...

He is so adorable, and you are/were such a cute pregnant mommy!! I am soo happy for you guys. I saw your link to blogspot on your fb page. My link is jeffntrish5@blogspot.com. Your blog is soo cute. Hope your feeling well--you look fabulous.

Tricia (vales) Larsen