
I DID IT! I made it through September working full time. I didn't endure it with ease, grace or poise, but I did it. Jed told me I could do anything for one month, and I guess he was right. It was not easy, I was grumpy (image that, happy little me, grumpy HA!), and I felt guilty every day I left my sweet little Sawyer-Bean. But it is over, done, finished, completed, accomplished, achieved, concluded, fulfilled, executed, finalized! (did I leave any synonyms out?)
Thank you so much to Grandpa Garn and Grandma Peggy! The baby had fun hanging out with you. Thanks to my Grandma for taking a day. Thanks to Ann who helped in a bind. And thanks to my mommy (whose babysitting days are not over yet). At least when I was deserting my adorable little boy I knew he was in excellent hands and that helped ease my conscious a bit. Plus, I couldn't have done it without each of you.
I should also mention that my husband has been incredible. He really has stepped up to the plate (look at me use sports terms) as he has taken care of Sawyer-Bean. He looks good in an apron, he looks good with a spatula, he looks good pushing the vacuum around and I think he looks HOT with spit-up on his BYU shirt. He has been marvelous the past 4 weeks (well, he's always been great) and I hope he knows I appreciate and love him.
Tomorrow marks a new era in my life... Part Time! I am super excited! It has been a long time since I've not been a full-time employee or an employee/student and I look forward to it. Imagine, working part-time and being a mommy the rest of the time, its going to feel so good after the month I've just experienced.
I have developed a new appreciation/sympathy for mothers who work full time. I don't know how you do it? You are a stronger woman than I am that is for sure, but, I feel that being home with Sawyer is what is important to him, me and Jed right now.
So, I will be enjoying a little more of this each day... and that puts a smile on my face.

9 comments:
Wow! Sawyer is the cutest BYU fan I have ever seen! I am glad you have more time to spend with him now ;)
Yay! I'm so excited for you! Way to make it through September. Sawyer is so adorable! He just keeps getting cuter!
I am extremely excited about your part-timeness. We are playing tennis on Mon. and Wed. at 9:00 a.m. if you want to come. Please come!
All I can say is I am JEALOUS!!!!! That is so great you get to go part-time. What a blessing! I seriously would give anything to be able to to that. I feel like I am missing out on so much not being with my little guy during the day.( Just found out that feeling will be x 2 come next year......:)(shhhh) We are working like crazy to pay off our debt so that maybe I can be among the part-timers some day. So, congrats and enjoy that little guy-he just keeps getting cutier!
I am so glad you survived the month of september. Glad you will join the partime club. I love working and at the same time be home with the kids. So enjoy those wonderful moments. And hey maybe in the near future you can join the Stay at home mommy club. Love you and miss talking to you. I wish I could exercise with you guys, but during those times I am usually working since both of the kids are in school.
Yay! Congratulations. Your little boy is so dang cute!
I'm so glad you made it through! And that you now get to spend more time with your adorable little boy, he is just too cute:)
Good for you!
Btw...tell Jed that it is just mean to put such a cute baby in BYU apparel!! ha ha
Congrats! I can't imagine what you have been through. Its so hard to say goodbye even though your coming back. You boy is ADORABLE!!
Post a Comment