Sunday, July 6, 2008

Stadium of Fire












I am such a lucky girl!!! The other day my friend Liann (I met Liann on my mission and we both thought we were long lost sisters) called and asked if Jed and I could utilize three tickets to the sold out Stadium of Fire at Lavell Edwards Stadium for the 4th of July!!! We decided we certainly could and took Jed's niece Abbie with us. It was so fun. Glen Beck was the host and the main event featured The Blue Man Group and of course Miley Cyrus. It was such a fun night. There were so many little girl's in the audience that Jed felt like a pedophile (he was a little bit uncomfortable being the only man at a Miley concert)... We had fun, but the group behind us was having so much more fun than us, they knew every single word to all of Miley's songs and sung at the top of their lungs. They also were up dancing and yelling the entire night and throwing things at other people in the audience. There was also a little girl in front of us. She may have been 6-7 years old, and Jed noticed her first and pointed her out to me, she wanted to be like the people behind us and get up and dance, but her group was quietly sitting on the bleachers with no movement or excitement. But all of a sudden she just jumped up and started singing and having the time of her life. The entire event was exciting and I am so glad we got to go...Thanks Lianny :)
P.S. I forgot...the funniest part of the entire night happened while we were waiting for over an hour to get out of the parking lot after the concert. We got in the car and rolled down the windows and just waited because there was no moving from our parking spot. The family next to us arrived and opened the trunk of their car. Every person pulled out a lawn chair...no joke and there were like 10 people at least. I should mention that they had just a normal car, nothing spectacular, nothing huge, just an average car. Then they started getting every body a drink from the cooler in the trunk. They had sprite and Gatorade and of course diet coke that they were passing around. Abbie and I were laughing and couldn't believe all this was in their trunk...but to top it all off the dad pulls out buckets of chicken and starts offering some to their entire family. I told Abbie to get out and see if Mary Poppins bag was in that trunk. Some people come so prepared.


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Abbie sure did have a lot of fun. However, she told us that Jed knew all of the words to Miley's songs and that he also screamed louder than any of the girls. :)

Yadira said...

Cool you got to go to that show. It seems you had pretty good seats. Kaylee wanted to o but like yousaid tickets were sold out fast.