My lesson in YW on Sunday mentioned ROCKS several times. We talked about sin being an extra weight and read a story about a girl with extra rocks in her pack as she hiked a mountain during which one of my cute young women's held a rock high in the air above her head. I also read them a story about Malcolm Tent who collected rocks each time somebody wronged him, and finally we discussed the rocks that each girl had to throw into the river during Trek as they figuratively tossed something in their in own lives away that they struggled with. So needless to say I wanted a small hand out to give that had to do with rocks and I came up with the brilliant idea of Pop Rocks! Jed and I went to Walmart and I searched up and down every check out stand with a quest to find them. I never did, so we asked the cashier and she was of course very friendly and very helpful and told us that we could go to customer service and they would be able to look up items that are stocked and on order. So, we did!!! What a mistake, the customer service lady didn't know how, so she called a supervisor who listened to my plight and then said "Who told you we could look it up!" I said "The cashier." "Which one?" The supervisor asked. "One on that end." I said waving generally to the north end of the store. "What isle?" The supervisor said at this point very irate! Jed finally whispered "Isle five." And with that the supervisor was marching away from us ready to reprimand the friendly, helpful employee. The supervisor never helped us, or looked anything up for us. So, I ended buying the pop rocks elsewhere. The lesson went well, the girls liked the pop rocks...I still feel bad someone may have been fired or yelled at all because I wanted to buy some pop rocks.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
All in the name of "Pop Rocks"
My lesson in YW on Sunday mentioned ROCKS several times. We talked about sin being an extra weight and read a story about a girl with extra rocks in her pack as she hiked a mountain during which one of my cute young women's held a rock high in the air above her head. I also read them a story about Malcolm Tent who collected rocks each time somebody wronged him, and finally we discussed the rocks that each girl had to throw into the river during Trek as they figuratively tossed something in their in own lives away that they struggled with. So needless to say I wanted a small hand out to give that had to do with rocks and I came up with the brilliant idea of Pop Rocks! Jed and I went to Walmart and I searched up and down every check out stand with a quest to find them. I never did, so we asked the cashier and she was of course very friendly and very helpful and told us that we could go to customer service and they would be able to look up items that are stocked and on order. So, we did!!! What a mistake, the customer service lady didn't know how, so she called a supervisor who listened to my plight and then said "Who told you we could look it up!" I said "The cashier." "Which one?" The supervisor asked. "One on that end." I said waving generally to the north end of the store. "What isle?" The supervisor said at this point very irate! Jed finally whispered "Isle five." And with that the supervisor was marching away from us ready to reprimand the friendly, helpful employee. The supervisor never helped us, or looked anything up for us. So, I ended buying the pop rocks elsewhere. The lesson went well, the girls liked the pop rocks...I still feel bad someone may have been fired or yelled at all because I wanted to buy some pop rocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cute Idea. I can never think of anything original in these lessons. But I'am trying
That's Walmart for ya! No one ever knows where to find anything there...asking someone there is useless!! Dawson said he wants some of those pop rocks.....won't go to Walmart though!
Post a Comment