Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shopping

Have I ever mentioned on this blog how much I love my dear husband? If not, I just want to make a note of it right now! I love the man! I seriously think he is so funny. He is always doing things that make me laugh.
For instance... A few weeks ago I needed to go grocery shopping. I like Jed to tag along because
A.) he pushes the cart
B.) he loads the groceries into the car and then into the house and
C.) he is just fun to be with.
So, we ran to the store, but we left in such a hurry I didn't give Jed a chance to eat before we left. He was pretty hungry as we made our way down the isles. He always asks me if he can pick out a treat, and since he is always such a good boy I let him, and he is usually very selective about his treat. Except this time when we got to the check out counter I began noticing how many treats Jed had picked out on this particular trip: candy bars, chips, eggnog, soda and a box of those chocolate cherry cordials. He just sheepishly smiled as he loaded the conveyor belt. I have learned my lesson, let Jed eat prior to shopping for food.
At home as I was putting the groceries away, Jed got himself an ice cold beverage ready and opened his box of cherry cordials. He headed to the family room, turned on the T.V. and ate the entire box (minus one) of cordials before I even finished putting everything away. Now most people can't even eat ONE of those things, let alone the entire box. He had a little tummy ache afterwards.
The boy makes me laugh!


7 comments:

Yadira said...

You two are so cute and adorable together. That happens to us too, if we go without eating we end up spending way too much money on treats. About bradens toy, I really rode on it and it was very fun.

peggyp said...

I have seen that look on Jeddies face before many times, and it wasn't PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna said...

That doesn't surprise me about the shopping thing....he is a pollock, he loves to shop! Gross on the cherry thingy's.....gross.

Jpollock said...

Lay off I'm starving.

Scott said...

I love that cup you have, Jed!

Kati said...

That is so funny....and the same thing with my hubby. But the things he puts in the cart are things like Shrimp, crab, Steak....ect.

Jennie said...

I thought there was only one box of cherry chocolates that people continually passed around like fruitcake.