Friedrich Nietzsche is originally credited with the quote
"That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger."
That quote has been continually on my mind this week as Jed and I have had to face the most difficult week of our married life (and possibly just life, married or not.) We have had to make some difficult decisions and face a trial that we simply did not want to face. But, "That which didn't kill us, only made us stronger!" This week I have had some time to reflect on my greatest blessings.
I am so grateful for the Priesthood. How blessed I am to have a wonderful father and an amazing husband who at any given moment were worthy and ready to bless me with the power from on High. I am grateful for the peace that came when these two amazing men in my life laid their hands on my head to bless me with an assurance of Heavenly Fathers love for our family, and that the atonement is for more than repentance, but also so that the Savior would know the best possible way to comfort us in times of need.
I am grateful for the eternal plan Heavenly Father has for families. I am grateful for the blessings of the temple that seal and bind my family for eternity.
I am grateful for a healthy body, and that it has been able to recover so quickly. I have always been healthy and this week I have been especially thankful for the fact that both Jed and I have good health.
I am grateful for tears, and I am also grateful for laughter. We have had a bit (that is an understatement for the tears portion) of both in our house this week. I feel like tears have been an outlet for both Jed and I, but I have also found humor (because I know of no other way to deal with difficult trials then to sometimes make light of them) to be a great blessing.
I am EXTREMELY grateful for extended family and for my friends. I am so blessed to have my incredible mother in my life. She has taken care of me the past few day just like she did when I got sick at age two, or eight, or fifteen and now even at twenty nine! I am grateful for my sisters near and far, and for ALL of Jed's family. I am grateful for the phone calls. I am grateful for the text messages. I am grateful for the facebook notes. I am grateful for the gifts that have shown up from my aunt and my Grandma. I feel so blessed to have so many people in my life that know how to show genuine love and support. Thank you so much, I needed you this week and you were there!
Most of all I am so grateful for that husband of mine. I have fallen in love with him all over again! I love that he has been so sensitive to all my needs. I love that he has cried with me. I love that he has been so worried that he puts on his concentration face and gets annoyed that I have brought out my humorous side. I am so grateful that he works so hard to keep our family functioning. He is so amazing, and Heavenly Father truly knew that I had to be patient so I could finally marry the man of my dreams. I love you with all my heart Jed!
Oh and Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart!
9 comments:
Rebecca, is everything fine? You know that if you need to talk to someone, Iam a phone call away. Hope you are feeling better. See you soon.
bec..i hope all is well with you guys..i just read your blog and am alittle worried is everything o.k. well i pray and hope everything is o.k. with you guys. love you and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...if you need anything i am only a call or email or anything away..
Adult supervision day was fun. Let not do it again though, k?
We are so sorry!! We love both of you so much, we were sooo sad when we heard the news. We understand exactly how you are feeling as we have experienced the same thing years ago. It breaks our hearts to see you have to go through it. We know how hard it is, and how hard it is to be patient..but our heavenly father does have a plan for each of us, this I know. If you need anything at all, please let us know.
We hope you are feeling better soon Rebecca. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
We love you 2, hope you know that. There is nothing like mom when you need unconditional love and there is nothing like a husband who loves you more than life itself. We are very sad, and as we share your happiness we also share your grief. D&C 121:7,8....peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions are but a small moment; and if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shall triumph over all thy foes.This is one of my favorite scriptures and it has helped me over many hurdles.
Know that you are loved!
Loves to you and your family!
Rebecca, I am so sorry for what you have been going through!! I really hope that you know we care about you and would be happy to do anything we can to help you whenever you need it. I am so glad you have such a good husband and family close by! Please know you have been in our prayers and we hope everything will get better soon.
You are so strong. I loved your post. You are such an inspiration.
Steve and I are sorry to hear about your news too. I hope you are doing alright. We sure love you and hope you know that! Please let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment