Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ted and Becky



This weekend Jed and I will be celebrating our TWO YEAR anniversary.

I have mentioned it to a few people this week and the most common response is
"That's it? It feels like you guys have been married way longer than that!"

Yep, that is it! Two glorious years.

Reminiscing back to our wedding day (which I loved, loved, loved) there is a little story I would like to share.

We loved getting married, and we loved the millions of amazing presents that came along with this amazing day. We sent out invitations for you to come have some ice cream at our church and you brought us gifts, and they were "real nice" (said just like Jennie Pollock, with the wink, quoting a line from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.) We had tons of presents, cards, checks and cash. We could hardly wait to start tearing through the wrapping paper. One of the cards we opened was addressed to

TED AND BECKY

Jed and I just laughed! We have lovingly used this reference for ourselves for two years now. The funniest part is A) It came from somebody the Pollock's invited and B) I have tried for years and years and years to steer away from being called Becky, and yet they endearingly shortened the Rebecca they saw on the invitation to Becky!

I wish I would have saved the card with the Ted and Becky inscription. (Dang me for not being a pack rat and thinking everything needs to go in the trash!)

Well here is to two more years TED, and many more.
Love BECKY



P.S. The pictures are courtesy of Trisha Pollock (Thanks Trisha for not having an amazingly difficult copyright policy on your pictures like our photographer, so others may enjoy our beautiful faces during this post.) And P.P.S. Don't try calling me Becky after this... I won't answer to it!

7 comments:

Stephen said...

That's funny! We can related to that though. We got a card with the names of my wife's parents on it, and the card was from some people in their ward!

Congratulations on the two years!

Yadira said...

Congratulations you guys, and to many, many, many, more. Jorge and I will have our 10 year anniversary in June, and I can't believe it has been that long and we have come a long way. I hope you guys will enjoy the celebration.

Katie said...

I have certain rights- I can call you Becky, because I have a good scar story that you are a part of! Not to mention, anyone who went to the New Kids of the Block concert with you has to have some rights. That's gotta count for something??? :) :) Rebecca, or Becky, I still love ya!

Mariann said...

Congratulations!! Before you know it 5 years will have passed and you will be looking at each other and wondering where the time went.

Jenna said...

Ya, it does seem like you guys have been hitched forever. Any hey, Becky, why was it so funny that someone that the Pollock's invited to the wedding put this name on the card? Now, I want to know who did it...I think I can guess.....she calls Dawson "Datson" and Brian "Brain"....hmmm...we will have to converse about this...

Lova ya guys. Happy Anniversary!

Hayley and Josh said...

Gosh, I hope your photographer doesn't see this. She might get upset! Not only did you mention her policies were difficult, but those poses in the pictures are STILL HERS! Ha ha.
What a fun day. Remember the reflection off the tabernacle shining brightly in our eyes?
I love your pouty face. It makes me giggle inside.
Congrats on 2 whole years! I love you Ted and Becky!

peggyp said...

Hey Ted, I think I know your parents. By the way who put that on your card, I want to know. Congrats, you two were made for each other!