Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nicknames

Why are all of my husbands nicknames LONGER/BIGGER than his actual name? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a nickname?

Some of these include:

Jeddy
Jedidiah (which is not his name...It's just JED)
Diah, Jedidah, Biscuits (Gotta love Scott and Ross. They made up a song...so talented)
Diah
Roto (weird huh?)
Jet (the Mexican at work who can't pronounce his D's)
Jeb
Jebidiah
Big Guy (Not a nickname I call him haha)
Sweetheart (a nickname I do call him)
Pollock (not really a nickname, but still)
Son
Bobba Ganush
Willis (what you talk'n bout Willis)
Jedi


I have puzzled over this for a few days now, and I have to ask...
Are your nicknames longer than your actual name?

8 comments:

Ann said...

Ty has the only nickname at our house that is shorter than his name. Paige and Brock are longer than their names. It is kind of a funny thing!

Erin said...

Well Jed is already short you see! what you want to call him - "J?"

and like you have any room too talk little miss 'Becca Boodle Bug!'

Erin is a short name too so most of my nicknames were longer... dolly, Narney, Erwin, Er*snort*wood, Ersie, anastasia... The only ones shorter were 'N' & 'EA'

cute post!!!!
I love your blog :)

Jenna said...

you forgot Jeddy poo

randishea said...

I call Brett Choncho. I don't know why but its longer than his real name....

Scott said...

No lie - as soon as I saw the title of the post, I starting singing, "Diah, Jedediah. BISCUIT!"

Hayley and Josh said...

I definitely think that Schmoogie is longer and harder to spell than Hayley!!

But let's see here:
Hazy - about the same
Hazel - about the same
Hazymay - longer!
Hay - Shorter
Baby Girl - longer
Little One - longer

That's all I can think of. Wow. Jed has a lot of nicknames!

peggyp said...

Yes you did forget Jeddy poo! We had intended to call him JW as a nickname, but hey all the others are so much better! OOPS, Jedi was omitted too!

Rachael said...

I like his nicknames. And so what if they're longer. So are most of yours. Love the post.