Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Bampa"



Sawyer hit the 10 month mark last week. We have so much fun with him.
Here are some things we love about our Sawyer Bean:

He's huge. He is already wearing 12-18 month clothes.
He loves to play, laugh and smile.
He loves attention.
He can make Indian sounds and gestures "AhAhAh"
He can stand up while holding on to objects, such as the bathtub and couch.
He sometimes has a shy side and turns his head into my shoulder.
He has 4 teeth on top and 3 on bottom.
He has been pulling his hair out on the sides.
He can throw a football "go long dad!"
He whispers to himself while playing.
He scrunches up his nose like his mom did when she was little.
He can say Da (dad), Kee (kitty) and Bampa (grandpa)

Sawyer's Grandpa Garn passed away last week unexpectedly. It was such a shock to the family and such a sad experience.
He lost his voice the end of January. It never came back so he went in for a few test and (long story short) was diagnosed with cancer. He had a three surgeries over the course of a 2 week time period, but was unable to survive a rapidly growing mass in his neck.
My heart breaks just knowing Sawyer will not remember his "Bampa", that he will not be able to play with the TRAIN that all the grand kids have enjoyed with Garn. That he only had 10 months and 2 days with his Grandpa.
My heart breaks for my husband who lost his dad and friend at such a young age.
Garn was such a good man, a great dad, and a wonderful husband.
We will miss him dearly and will have a void in our life for a long time.

Family, friends and especially the gospel have brought us peace and understanding during such a trying time . We have had some spiritual experiences in our home and are grateful for them.

6 comments:

randishea said...

Oh thats so sad. I hope you guys are doing ok.

Yadira said...

I am so sorry for your loss specially for Jed. I know it must be hard eventhough we have the Gospel in our lifes, it can still be tough. You guys will get throught it just fine. You two are so strong and have so much faith. I love you guys. Rebecca we really need to do something and get together. I have missed talking to you. I am working parttime from 9-1 everyday. Maybe we can go eat lunch or visit each other and catch up. Let me know what you think about it. Take care.

Jenny said...

I am so sorry to hear about Garn. He was an amazing man. Give our love to Jed and Peggy!

april said...

Losing loved ones is so hard. You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

Let me know if I can watch Sawyer bug, he is too cute! Miss seeing you in YW....Primary is different.

Peggy said...

Always remember the last words he wrote. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE! He is expecting us to be with him again. He will always be Sawyer's bampa. He will always be Jed's dad. You will always be one of his girls. Family was and is the most important thing to him. The gospel of Jesus Christ and our temple sealings make this all possible for us. Love, mom

Ludlows said...

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are all doing well.